8.15.2008

huh?

I developed this old negative that my dad found in our old attic.  This picture fascinates me.  I have so many questions. When was this photo taken? Who is this woman? Why is she having her picture taken? Why is she holding those things?  For some reason I want to know everything about her.  My boyfriend says I ask a lot of questions that he never has the answers to. I guess I'm just a  curious person. Then I thought of something awful.  What is we all stopped being curious? How awful would that be? What if we stopped searching for answers and just accepted everything we were told?  I love to explore. I love to explore so much that I sometimes wish I was more adventurous so that I could do even more exploring. This year my goal is just that.  I want to be more adventurous.  I want to take more risks. I want to ask more questions...and find the answers to them.  This year is going to be the best year yet.  I want this year to be an exciting journey with God.  I want him to teach  me and show me more things than I could ever dream of.  I want to be changed for the better.  I know it's going to be challenging at times.  There are going to be some days I'm going to want to be comfortable again, but I know it's going to be okay.

For those of you who don't know, I am planning to do a study abroad program in Cyprus this spring.  To be honest, I am scared out of my mind.   Cyprus is very far away from every one I love.  I will be all alone half way across the world.  I know that this will be a great experience for me.  I know it will change me, and I think I am ready for that.  

I'll keep you updated on this.

p.s. sorry I rambled so much on this post, I don't know what got into me.  Maybe it's because I just watched the sisterhood of the traveling pants. Yep, I think it was the pants.

1 comment:

andrea. said...

that picture is so cool! what you said is so true though-- if we knew everything, life would be so boring. talk about no excitement!

cyprus will be a great opportunity for you! i can't wait to hear about your plans! God is afflicting your comfort zone; and it's okay to be a little scared.

c: